Open Neighborhoods has announced group pricing and free solar assessments for Los Angeles area homes and business with the GoSolar 2010 community solar program. Switching to solar power for your home, business or apartment/condo is one of the easiest and most impactful ways you can reduce greenhouse gas emissions while saving on your electric bill.
Sign up before December 3, 2010 to learn more:
- Free solar assessment of your home or business
- Group pricing of solar panels with 20-30% discount
- Residential/commercial solar rebate
- 30% federal tax credit
- Immediate savings on your electric bill with solar lease
SELECTED INSTALLER: After a competitive bidding process, Open Neighborhoods has selected Martifer Solar USA for community-wide solar installations and group solar discounts in the Los Angeles area until December 3rd. Based in West LA, Martifer Solar is major solar installer and has completed numerous local installations including Santa Monica Big Blue Bus, the Pasadena Unified School District and numerous residential homes throughout Los Angeles.
PRICING: Martifer Solar USA is offering all-inclusive residential and commercial pricing starting at $4.78/Watt (DC) for fully-installed American-made SolarWorld panels, including web-based performance monitoring. Group pricing may drop to $4.22/Watt DC based on total participation.
ELIGIBILITY: The program is open to residential and commercial customers of both LADWP and SoCal Edison. Renters – please note that property owner contact information is essential for a free solar assessment.
- Zero down lease – available through Apollo Energy (LADWP customers) or Sun Power (SoCal Edison customers) with no upfront costs and immediate electric bill savings for qualified installations.
- Cash purchase: 3-payment schedule
- Same As Cash: all payments and any interest deferred for 6-12 months (up to $45,000)
- Home Equity line of Credit- a line of credit through home owner’s bank will offer most attractive rates.
- Solar Loan – a solar-friendly bank like Bank of America may provide financing for the project.
- Commercial Lease – Property lease panels until the end of the lease term and will have an opportunity to buy the system out right after the end of the term.
- Cash – Property owner pays cash for project installation.
- Line of Credit- financed with line of credit in which building was purchased.
- SolarLoan from Bank – Martifer will work with client to get best rate possible.
- SoCal Edison commercial customers may also qualify for revenue-generating power-purchase agreements (PPA) in which a third-party company will buy the system and components and take all rebate and tax credits. The system buyer sells energy to the commercial property energy at a lower cost.
SOLAR PRODUCTS: Martifer Solar is offering the same all-inclusive group pricing for ground or roof-mounted panels, solar carports and shade structures. Where applicable Martifer Solar may also include its proprietary solar tracking sysem that follows the sun’s movement through the sky and improves productivity of solar generation by up to 25% higher.
LOCAL EVENTS: Open Neighborhoods is offering solar workshops and information sessions across the Westside to present information on green power purchasing options, available solar tax credits and utility rebates, and the economics of how solar results in immediate electricity savings.
Sign up today to get notified about our local events and workshops — and learn how you can save on your electric bill with no upfront costs.